Podcast Microphone 2017: If you are opting to do a podcast, the key thing to ensure is that, the microphone you select, should be a good one. If you select a mic of bad quality, no matter how well you speak, it will not be interesting to hear. There are lots of talented people out there, who are making some really cool podcasts, but the microphones they are using have not been too great. So given below are few of the best microphones you can use this new year.
Shure has a helpful article on choosing the right Microphone for your Podcasts”
Microphones mentioned by podcasters
Marco Arment recommends the ATR2100 Microphone
Willie Dills uses the Blue Yeti Microphone
The Top Podcast Microphones to buy in 2017 are
- Tri-capsule array - 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation
- Multiple pattern selection - cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo
- Gain control, mute button, zero-latency headphone output
Heil Sound PR 40 Dynamic Cardioid Studio Microphone Bundle with PRSM Shock Mount, Two-Section Broadcast Arm and Microphone Cable
- Large Dynamic Element
- Steel Housing
- Internal Sorbothane Shock Mount
- Cardioid Pickup Pattern
- Assembled in the USA
- Broadcast sound quality
- 28mm dynamic capsule
- 18-Bit Resolution, 8 - 48 kHz sampling
- Windows and Mac compatible
- Tight Cardioid pattern for superior off axis sound rejection
- Large condenser microphone element for warm, rich recordings
- Cardioid pick-up pattern minimizes background noise and isolates the main sound source
- Smooth, extended frequency response is excellent for singing, speech and instruments
- Large, 25mm diaphragm USB studio condenser microphone.
- Works with iPad using Apple's Lightning USB Camera Adapter or Camera Connection Kit (30-pin).
- 16-bit, 44.1/48kHz resolution.
- Smooth, flat frequency response of 20Hz-20kHz.
- Portable USB condenser microphone
- Plug and Play Mac and PC compatible, no drivers required
- Custom compact design that clips to a laptop or sits on a desk
- Perfect for recording music, podcasting and field recording
- Features Blue Microphones premium condenser capsule, delivering low noise, high efficiency, and rapid response in any recording situation
- Designed with Focus Control, which results in a tighter, more direct and focused sound when selected
- Large 1 inch capsule with gold plated diaphragm
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Self Noise of only 5 dB (A)
- Ultra low noise, transformerless surface mount circuitry
- Wide dynamic range
- Handheld dynamic microphone with USB digital output and XLR analog output
- USB output connects to your computer for digital recording, while the XLR output connects with your sound system conventional microphone input for use in live performance
The Best Podcast Microphone for Beginners
ATR2100 – This is one of the most common mic used by those who are beginning to podcast. It is easy to use and offers a great quality, it is a combination of both XLR and USB. This is a lot better than a cheap headset microphone or an internal mic.
The Best Podcast Microphone for Professionals
Rode Procaster – If you are not new in podcasting, and know the technicalities involved, this should be your pic. This is an XLR mic, that offers dynamic podcast capabilities, this is costly, with all other attachments, therefore it is advisable to use it, if you know how to use it well. Not ideal for beginners.
Heil PR40 – This one is for professional podcasters, this will offer the best sound, just the one you need. This is a very popular choice among seasoned podcasters, although many consider it to be overpriced, this often results in excellent voice quality.
Although the microphone you use certainly makes a lot of difference, a bad sound quality might also be simply because of an unclear voice.